Local Services

Local Health Services

Non-urgent advice: Get help for your symptoms

If you think you need medical help right now, 111 online can tell you what to do next.


GP Practices

GP surgeries are usually the first contact if you have a health problem. They can treat many conditions and give health advice. They can also refer you to other NHS services.


Pharmacists are experts in medicines who can help you with minor health concerns.

As qualified healthcare professionals, they can offer clinical advice and over-the-counter medicines for a range of minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy trouble and aches and pains.

man in white dress shirt holding white box


General practitioners (GPs) treat all common medical conditions and refer patients to hospitals and other medical services for urgent and specialist treatment.

white and blue hospital bed

Urgent and emergency care services

Services the NHS provides if you need urgent or emergency medical help.

white room interior